Situated at an altitude of 1000 feet above sea level, Cheeyappara waterfall is one of the most awesome attraction on the way to Munnar. It is around 70 KM from Ernakulum, Cochin on the Cochin-Madurai highway. This is a nation highway – NH49. If you stated off early in the morning, you can be there within two hours.
The major attraction of the Cheeyappara waterfall is it’s falling water (as with all other waterfalls). The water comes down from a height of 1000 feet, falls on 13 rock slabs step by step to fall very very close to NH-49. If you are lucky enough to be there in the morning, you can enjoy another natural beauty – a rainbow upon the spray of water. This happens only in morning sunshine.
Cheeyappara waterfall is one of few waterfall that you can view from the bottom standing so close to the water. Besides, there is an area set apart touching the waterfall. Here you can safely take bath in the shower of water or standing there you can enjoy the spray of cool water.
There is a bridge on the National Highway (NH-49) that crosses the waterfall. Water flows beneath the bridge. This is the only road that cresses a huge waterfall.
- Latitude: 10.072
- Longitude: 76.775
- Google Map: Directions from Ernakulum, Cochin - http://goo.gl/2ahMP
- Google Map: Satellite view of Cheeyappara waterfall - http://goo.gl/WT9YZ
- My experience at Cheeyappara Waterfall
- Viewing a waterfall from the bottom
- Taking a shower at Cheeyappara Waterfall
- Mini Market @Cheeyappara Waterfall
- Water flows down the NH-49