Give up all the knowledge, If you want to get close to GOD

I was fed off reading technical and personality development books. so yesterday I visited my favourite book shop and search for something light-weight. While moving here and there, I found myself standing at the Osho section of book shop. I have never read Osho earlier, So I decided to read osho this time. I grabbed the first book, that was nearest to me. It was in Hindi, but that doesn't matter to me. The book's title was "Shunya Ki Naav" (the boat of vaccum). By the word vaccum (or shunya), I mean that state of mind, where nothing is there.

When I read this book, I come to know that Osho was a great phylosopher and thinker. He presented the material in such a logical way, that you cannot argue against it. He was a great teacher. I have only go though half of the pages of this book so far. But it inspired me to such an extent, that I cannot stop myself writing this post.

Osho says, aquisition of knowledge is the main barrier in getting close to GOD. If you want to be close to GOD, you have to ignore or give up all the knowledge you have. Knowledge is gained by the means of words. We read, hear or think in the words. Words make sentances. But GOD is beyond words. He can only be felt and not described. Those who try to describe the GOD, did itout of their love to mankind. They want to share what they come to know (or have felt). But GOD is beyond the boundaries of words.

Knowledge, gives us ego. We learn things so that we can show them. It give us feeling that I know this, I know that, I know more than you. All such thoughts increase the ego-factor inside us. And one can have either ego or GOD.

Osho says that when you don't know, there are no arguments. When you don't know, there are no thoughts. Just by assuning that you don't know, your mind enters into the state of thoughtlessness. In this state, you come close to GOD. You feel GOD. And further you cannot describe this state (or what you have felt) in words.

personally I agree with Osho. Though I am not follower of Osho. But as a logical person, I agree what Osho said. When you study religious books, when you study Gita, Koran or Bible, You only read the words. They tells you many things about the GOD and His creation. But cannot feel the GOD just by reading the holy books. The only way to feel GOD is to be close with GOD, by the state of mind and not by filling the mind with knowledge.

That all for now.

Popular posts from this blog

Redirecting to new window in c#

CBSE Class X Result 2010 – How to Calculate Percentage