Studio .NET has detected that the specified Web server is not running ASP.NET
version 1.1. You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications
You will be unable to run ASP.NET Web applications or services.
When This Error Occurs:
This error occurs when you try to open an existing web project's solution on windows XP.
What Is The Cause Of This Error:
1. You installed IIS after Visual Studio .NET is installed.
2. ASPNET Account removed / doesnt have sufficient permissions.
3. Script Mappings not updated in the IIS
4. Proxy Settings
How To Solve This Error:
For Cause No. 1 to 3
If the cause of error is anything listed from point 1` to 3, you have to reinstall the aspnet user
To reinstall aspnet user account, type the following from your command prompt:
This is for version 1.1 of fdotnet framework. If you are using any other
version, change the version number. For your information following are other
.NET Framework 2.0 : v2.0.50727 for Visual Studio 2005 (Released Version)
.NET Framework 1.0 : v1.0.3705 for Visual Studio .NET 2002
For Cause No. 4
1. Open Internet Explorer
2. Go to Tools -> Internet Options -> Connections -> LAN Settings -> Advanced
3. Under “Do not use Proxy server for addresses beginning with“, enter localhost or your local IP starting number in the Text Area.
4. Clik OK.
5. Clik OK again.
6. Clik OK again.
7. Restart Visual Studio .NET and you should be able to create ASP.NET Applications.